What is the maximum loan amount?
Minimum – No ceiling
Maximum - as under :
- New 2-wheeler - Rs.10 Lakh
Note: The maximum loan amount would be decided by the repayment capacity of the borrower, which is determined mainly with reference to the present income. However, it should be borne in mind that besides present income, several factors like age, qualifications, spouse's income, present outgoing towards rent, future potential for earning higher income, present level of assets and liabilities of the borrowers, etc. will have a bearing on the repayment capacity of the borrower. In case the net take home income after all deductions (such as proposed EMI, taxes, Insurance premium and other out go) is not sufficient, the eligible amount of loan would then be reduced. The income of co-applicant can be added to that of the applicant to improve the repayment capacity.
What are the margin requirements?
The margin requirements i.e. the borrower’s contribution should be as follow –
- 25% of on road price of 2 wheeler
Note: 5% concession in margin (for purchase of new vehicle only) applicable for salaried individuals having salary account with us
Who can be the co-applicants for the loan?
You can avail loan either singly or jointly with father, mother, son, unmarried daughter or spouse as co-applicants.
What are the loan tenure options?
The repayment period is maximum of 3 years (36 EMIs) for a 2-wheeler loan.
What are the processing charges?
Flat processing charge of Rs.500 plus GST for two wheelers and Rs.1000 plus GST for four wheeler.
How is the interest charged/calculated?
Interest will be applied in the account on the basis of reducing balance method at monthly rests.
What is a Monthly Reducing balance?
An Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) has 2 components, interest and principal. When the interest is calculated on monthly rests, the principal on which the interest is charged goes down every month. This results in a significant saving for the customer over the tenure of the loan.
How do I repay the Union Miles loan?
The loan shall be repaid in equated monthly instalments (EMIs).
You can pay the EMI in any of the following ways :
- Through standing instruction to your Union Bank of India savings account to directly remit the EMI amount to your loan account
- Through internet banking facility available on your Union Bank of India savings account
- ECS (Debit) facility
- Post Dated Cheques (PDCs)
Can I prepay my Union Miles loan?
Yes, you can make your prepayment. There is no charge on pre-payment if the loan is adjusted by the borrower from his own verifiable legitimate sources.
What security/ collateral do I have to provide?
Hypothecation of the vehicle proposed to be purchased from Bank's finance, is required.
Is a guarantor a must?
- No guarantee required for individual borrowers with CIBIL score of 700 and above.
- In case of NRIs guarantee of one local resident Indian is required.
- In case of companies guarantee of one promoter/director is required.?
- In case of partnership firm, guarantee of all the partners is required
Do I need to open an account with Union Bank of India for availing and/ or servicing the loan?
Although opening of account is not mandatory for availing a loan, we would recommend to bank with us in order to benefit from other value added services.
What documents do I need to submit to avail a Union Miles loan?
Please see the Forms & Documents Tab above for information on the list of documents required.
How much time will it take for my loan to be approved?
It takes 2 days for your loan to be sanctioned, after you have submitted all the required documents.
What are the stages involved in taking a loan?
There are three main stages -
- Application - Whereby you submit a completely filled in application with all necessary documents
- Sanction - Whereby you get an approval for a specific loan amount based on the value of your property and repayment capabilities
- Disbursement - Whereby the loan amount is disbursed